The Ike Kligerman Barkley Traveling Fellowship is comprised of up to $12,000 in prize funds awarded annually for both travel and research for up to two graduate students in their penultimate year. The intent of the IKB Traveling Fellowship is to consider the intersection between traditional and contemporary design. See below for eligibility requirements.
Proposals due December 31,2017
Winners announced March 1, 2018
The applicant must be an enrolled student in good academic standing at one of the following schools:
- Columbia University
- Cornell University
- Pratt Institute
- Rhode Island School of Design
- Rice University
- Savannah College of Art and Design
- University of Notre Dame
- University of Pennsylvania
- University of Texas at Austin
- University of Virginia
- Yale University
Any number of students may apply from each school. Please contact us if you have any questions about eligibility.
The jury consists of three Partners, two Senior Leaders from Ike Kligerman Barkley and two outside contributors who will join the jury on a rotating basis. Winners will be chosen based on the creativity, significance, clarity and feasibility of the proposals. The applicants and their schools will remain anonymous throughout the selection process.
All applications must be submitted electronically by December 31, 2017. Complete applications include the Registration Form, Eligibility Affidavit and a Research Proposal.
- Synopsis to be no more than 200 words outlining the intent and background for your travel and research with a working title. Synopses must be submitted on one 8.5” x 11” sheet.
- Rough Itinerary must be submitted on one 8.5” x 11” sheet
- Detailed Budget must be submitted on one 8.5” x 11” sheet.
Proposal must be submitted on five single sided 11" × 17" sheets in landscape orientation.
PDFs should be sent via WeTransfer to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms of Fellowship
- Fellows must complete their research and travel the same summer that the fellowship is awarded.
- Upon notice of the award, a final travel itinerary must be submitted by April 1st and an initial check for 90% of the award will be sent to the Fellow(s).
- Fellows will present their research in an illustrated presentation at IKB’s office in New York City (IKB will cover the cost of travel and accommodation) and submit a written report before a second check for the remaining 10% of the award is sent to the Fellow(s).