IKB 2019 Traveling Fellowship
The Ike Kligerman Barkley Traveling Fellowship is comprised of up to $12,000 in prize funds awarded annually for both travel and research for up to two graduate students in their penultimate year. The intent of the IKB Traveling Fellowship is to consider the intersection between traditional and contemporary design. See below for eligibility requirements.
Proposals due March 25, 2019
Winners announced early April 2019
The applicant must be an enrolled architecture student in good academic standing at one of the following schools:
- Columbia University
- Cornell University
- Georgia Tech
- Harvard University
- Louisiana State University
- Princeton University
- Rhode Island School of Design
- Rice University
- University at Buffalo
- University of Cincinnati
- University of Michigan
- University of New Mexico
- University of Notre Dame
- University of Oregon
- University of Pennsylvania
- University of Texas at Austin
- University of Virginia
- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- Yale University
Any number of students may apply from each school. Please contact us if you have any questions about eligibility.
The jury consists of three partners, two Senior Leaders from Ike Kligerman Barkley and two outside contributors who will join the jury on a rotating basis. Winners will be chosen based on the creativity, significance, clarity and feasibility of the proposals. The applicants and their schools will remain anonymous throughout the selection process.
All applications must be submitted electronically by March 25, 2019.
Complete applications include the Registration Form, Eligibility Affidavit and a Research Proposal.
- Synopsis to be no more than 200 words outlining the intent and background for your travel and research with a working title. Synopses must be submitted on one 8.5" x 11" sheet.
- Rough Itinerary must be submitted on one 8.5" x 11" sheet.
- Detailed Budget must be submitted on one 8.5" x 11" sheet.
- Proposal must be submitted on five single sided 11" x 17" sheets in landscape orientation.
Deviation from the proposal requirements will result in disqualification.
Terms of Fellowship
- Fellows must complete their research and travel the same summer that the fellowship is awarded.
- A final travel itinerary must be submitted two weeks after acceptance of the award at which point a check will be sent for 90% of the award.
- Fellows will present their research in an illustrated presentation at IKB's office in New York City (IKB will cover the cost of travel and accommodation) and submit a written report before a second check for the remaining 10% of the award is sent to the Fellow(s).